Good sleep is not only good for your employees, it’s good for your bottom line.
Absenteeism and presenteeism (being at work but not fully functioning), workplace accidents and expensive mistakes are often a result of fatigue – which is typically the result of sleep deprivation.
One-third of life involves sleep, yet a third of the population suffers from chronic sleep disorders, be that insomnia or another sleep disorder.
Compared to healthy employees, sleep-deprived individuals:
- have increased sick days and absenteeism
- are less productive
- are less communicative
- are more argumentative/conflicting
- provide lower quality customer service
- have an increased likelihood of accidents and errors
- have difficulty learning and memorizing things
- retain fewer facts
- are often in a poor or depressed mood
- have lower morale
- take greater risks
Did you know?
Four or more nights of fewer than 7 hours’ sleep a night is the equivalent of 1 whole night of no sleep. One full night with no sleep can affect a person’s performance for up to two weeks.
Onsite Health Solutions
All factors associated with adverse employee wellbeing have a direct impact on overall company performance. We can help individuals or teams assess their wellbeing and put a plan in action to combat stress and sleep deprivation. Our workplace wellness solutions make for a better, healthier, more productive employee.
Ask about our:
- Lunch and learn seminars (or webinars) – how to get a good night’s sleep, have more energy and be more productive
- Individual sleep and health assessments – personalised assessments and recommendations
- Workplace wellness toolkits for managing stress – stress is one of the major inhibitors of sleep and wellness. Our toolbox assists employees to better manage their stress
- Pop-up health and wellness clinics – see below
Pop-up Health and Wellness Clinics
Our health professionals will travel to your workplace to provide a range of health assessments for staff without them having to leave the office.
- Sleep and mental health assessments
- Posture and spinal assessments
- Nutritional assessments
- Customised advice on healthy living options
- Evidence-based practice
Want more information? Contact us here.